Our organic compost serves the purpose of enhancing our soil used in our agrarian production. The following is a list of the key steps we undertake to obtain our own quality compost:
- A 50 cm hole is dig on the ground
- Then, a layer of sawdust is placed at the bottom of the hole in order to avoid potential disgusting smells and maintain the required humidity.
- Afterwards, we place our organic residue which comes in the form of potato peel and vegetable waste. If the organic residue happens to be too dry water must be poured in order to maintain the required humidity.
- The organic residue must be covered with a layer of sawdust and soil.
- The compost must be removed every other week in order to be oxygenated.
- Finally after approximately 7 weeks the compost is ready to use
By producing our own compost, the nutrients and minerals needed to combat pests are being recycled constantly.